Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Paige's Birthday

Another year gone by....seriously time flies by too fast. This year Paige wanted to have a "house party". It terrified me from the minute I heard it. Why? Because I'm not the most creative person in the world and the idea of trying to entertain 12 7th graders about put me in the grave. I wanted it to be fun (there's a lot of pressure in middle school to have a "cool" party), short, and include a relatively small amount of cleaning up. Thank goodness for the internet (and real bloggers!). I went to Google and typed in, "pre-teen birthday party games".  Here's what I came up with:

We started with decorating cupcakes
(this was my idea and it didn't meet the clean up requirement!)
















The cupcakes would show up again later!!

Next we played games:

Put the Kiss on Taylor's Lips (I chose the picture, my sister came up with the name)
Paige applied the lipstick
They had to find the poster and kiss the lips
















I can't remember what prompted this retaliation but it probably wasn't warranted!



Toilet Paper Fashion Show























Then the cupcakes again. We sent Paige downstairs and the girls had to use the decorated cupcakes to create a birthday cake. They even put the candles in the shape of a heart!


















When it was all said and done everyone had a good time. 6 girls stayed the night so the party lasted until about 10am the next day. The trees were toilet papered by some unknown party crashers but that just added to the fun! I was a little surprised by how creative all the girls were and what effort they put into their toilet paper costumes and their cupcakes. I'm glad Paige has a good group of friends and that she is enjoying middle school...so far!!!

2 comments:

Adrie Peterson said...

Tiffany,
You are a WAY COOL mom! Good job! It looks like it was tons of fun :)

Happy (late) Birthday, Paige!

Camilla Millar said...

That is the funnest 'pin the tail' game I've ever seen!! You are a brave, great mom!