So here's the deal. I used to say that you should never say never...because you always end up eating your words. Don't worry, I said it enough and have eaten plenty of words but there was one thing that has been holding out for YEARS. I will never get on the back of a bullet bike. Yep, I said that so long ago. At first it was motorcycles in general. That was after I got a ride home my sophomore year in high school from some cool guy in a white t-shirt and jeans. I thought I was so cool. First he stopped and asked me if I wanted a ride, then he knew where I lived. Turns out he knew my sister or something like that and when I got off the dumb bike my leg pressed up against the exhaust pipe and I got the worst 3rd degree burn ever. Huge blister and scar left to prove it. That's when I said I would never get on a bike again. A few years passed and some friends and family members had bikes and I decided a Harley Davidson was ok. A bullet bike however was just plain stupid. Totally asking for trouble (death really is what I said). Well today I eat my words. I got on the back of a bullet bike and rode up East Canyon. Don't get me wrong, I protested (a little) and also had visions of horrible carnage on the side of the road because I know better, right? Well, I made it home safe and actually enjoyed it. Once we were heading up the canyon and I felt a little more relaxed I decided to just let go (not literally of course. I was hanging on for dear life!) and enjoy the wind, sort of. (I was wearing a red leather jacket and a gigantic helmet so I wasn't actually feeling that much wind...but I got the idea.)
The point is I had forgotten that long ago statement about never riding a bullet bike until the option was presented to me today. Luckily, thanks to a great discussion with friends, I've decided it's ok to say never and gladly eat your words later!
No comments:
Post a Comment